Family

Family

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grams Passed

My beautiful Grandmother passed away September 29,2011.  I was blessed enough to go and spend some time with her at the facility she was at.  I was able to polish her nails and talk with her before she left to go home to our Heavenly Father.  I remember my grandmother and a beautiful, gracious, humble, full of fire, talented in so many aspects, strong testimony of the gospel, loving, patient, virtuous, loyal to her family etc..  She is everything that I aspire to be and more.  Her patience that she showed with me during my early years of growing up.  Letting me know that I am a beautiful daughter of God and that I am special because I am her granddaughter..I love and miss her daily and am grateful that she watches over me constantly. 

I remember when I was so upset one day.  I was in my mid 20's and so mad about people.  She came over and gave me a hug and held me and said ' this too shall pass'  she let me know that I need to have compassion for people.  I let her know that I didn't want to.  She then let me know that one day I would find it and that when I did it would hurt my heart to feel for these people, but to let it happen because that was the best part about me.

I would just give anything to feel her arms around me again...

 Grams when she was younger, she was a hot little thing
 Gramps at the funeral.  She was able to be buried at the National Memorial Cemetery because Gramps was a WWII vet.
After the service at the cemetery, our boys ran over and gave the Great Grandfather a huge hug.  It was spontaneous and beautiful and heart warming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment