Family

Family

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas is my favorite season (minus Halloween!). I love being able to spend time with my minions.  I love that they try and find something special in the season..  

We started this year by going to the temple lights.  I used to do it every year growing up and have missed being able to take my kids to it when we were living away.  The church always does a beautiful job on the Temple lights 

We went with Mom, Dad and Nana..  I love that my kids get to grow up with their cousins. 
Selfie at the lights
Then it was the Christmas concert for school.  They are growing way to fast!
The following week I hosted the Family Christmas Party.  Briauna planned a little nativity for Mom and Dad and it was so much fun.  The older ones had to sing while the littles got to be a part of it. 
Minute to Win-it Games came next!   My family is so competitive!
And the two youngest (at this point) decided to lock themselves in the dogs cage with him!
School was out for break and I invited KC and Nat and the kids over for gingerbread houses and to watch The Grinch.  Haley's taking her time...
Calder is being careful...
Caleb is just a nut!!
Harps helped me decorate the tree stars
Then i made Grinch cookies and Punch
And we watched it:)
Christmas Eve rolled around and there was a family that was in need.  My family donated breakfast and we bought a shirt and shoes for the son.  The kids delivered it to the door AND....
Ran like crazy back to the car
I could hear them laughing all the way back.  This little Secret Santa brought more joy to my heart than anything else. I love that they were so excited to do this. And their smiles made it worth it!
As we always do we went to Nannes and Papas for Christmas Eve and enjoyed their company
Christmas Morning rolled around and we spent the holiday together.  
My children mean the world to me.  I hope that I can instill in them what the pure love of Christ is and what it means to serve.  This is always the perfect season to try and remember that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment