Family

Family

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our surprise Trip...

Chris's boss plans a shareholder meeting every year. This year it was a secret. We did not get directions until 530 Thursday morning and then we had to call at certain points in the trip to get more directions. We also had to do a scavenger hunt type of thing and we were the 2nd place winners and rec'd a nice digital camera! We ended up at one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen. Gateway Colorado, and I can really say that I appreciate what Jim and Deborah did with the hunt, because I usually fall asleep or read. Chris and I got to talk to each other and look at some of the most remote places that we never would have noticed if not doing the hunt.

this is our hotel. We had a 2 bedroom suite with our own little hot tub in the back. it is called gateway canyon resort. They also have a camping site that you can use a tent or use your camper. It was such a nice place. They hired people just to have more on staff for RMCI

This was a stop on our trip and we got to see the Monticello Temple in UT. Haley was the only one awake so I had her get out so I could take a picture of her and the temple.


Ish Delish again!



This is front of a place called the Hanging Flume. back in the gold Rush days they would need water in order to clean the gold etc..so they built this type of flume on the side of the mountain so that it would carry the water to them. I was in the car with Harper. She wasn't feeling good and threw up :(

this is in Dove Creek Colorado. Little town of about 500 people. They are mining and farming town. This is front of the Franciscan Monument. It talks about how there were some Spanish Monks that were trying to find a certain area and they reached here and thought they were going the wrong way so they turned around later to find out they had reached the place that they needed.

This is in front of the WWI monument that was dedicated to those that served back in 1951. It has names of the men that lost their lives during the 1st Great War.

The Boys did archery for their fun activity. This is their instructor. he was out there with them for about 2 hours. I cannot tell you how much the boys enjoyed it!

It took Lubs a bit to get the hang of it. However after about 15 minutes he had it down and was nailing his targets. the funny thing is that he did it faster and more accurate with the adult bow then with the kid bow.

After 3 shots Calder hit the target and never looked back. He was starting to move to the sides and then back up. He loved it. he was also very quick and lining it up, aiming and letting it go!
I don't have a picture of her..but haley got her first facial and massage. She was such a good helper with babysitting for us when we needed it! She loved and Daddy even bought her some spa products!

Haley and Harper at the pool.


Chris's boss payed for us to see a concert, which i lost the pic of. It was a fun little concert that benefited the military. He also paid for a private tour of an old car museum, it was so neat to see all of these old cars. My favorite was this 1932 one. The guy that owns this museum also owns the discovery channel. he bought a car that was worth 3.2 million dollars. Jeepers!

The boys in front of one that they liked!
We had such a great time on our surprise trip. We are so grateful for the opportunity that we had to do this and so very blessed to be with such a great company!















1 comment:

  1. I love good old fashioned road trips! How fun for you guys, glad we finally got to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete