REALLY? A Flippin snow day already? Why yes, it was. The ice was so bad that by 9:00, the school called and cancelled it. You know that I would have picked up the kids' teachers and took them to school along with mine, I guess that that is not a choice. SOOOOO..I did make the best of it and we had a baking day with the kids. We had a ton of fun. The kids got to pick out thier own cookies they wanted to make this year. They had to wash their hands, constantly, and tie back their hair. They all did so well, I am very proud of them.
Harper got to sit in the high chair and watch until she konked out. (sorry, with the new camera I am still trying to fix the date and different styles..)

Lubs made rice krispie treats. He had fun. He didn't want to put the hot stuff in the pans, but he did put a WHOLE bunch of sprinkles ALL OVER the top. Good Jobbers Dubs!

Calder picked chocolate dipped marshmellows with sprinkles on top. He also had to help Haley stir the chocolate on the double boiler. He enjoyed it but said next year he was gong to pick something that didn't take so long.

Haleys are backwards in sequence. But she did peppermint bark with baby candycanes in a heart shape. They turned out wonderful and they were very good! Here is she putting the chocolate in the hearts.

Shes setting up all the candy canes and smashing them up.

Here she is cutting up the chocolate bark. After she was done, she says..'Mom, my hands hurt from chopping up the choclate, I am working really hard." I went ahead and chopped up the white bark for her.

All in all it was fun and I just can't wait until next year to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment